The Campus offers the Four Year Diploma in Nursing (General Nursing Science, Community Nursing Science, Psychiatric Nursing Science) and Midwifery
The Campus has two Satellite Campuses, Madzikane Ka Zulu in Mt Frere, and St Patricks in Bizana
The main campus is in OR Tambo district whereas the two satellites are in Alfred Ndzo district Municipality.
1 Hospital road, St Elizabeth Hospital
Lilitha College of Nursing
Lusikisiki main campus
P/Bag x 1007
Tel: 039 253 1892
Fax: 039 253 1462
Accommodation and Transport
Accommodation for students and lecturers are available in the form of Park homes
Students do not have transport when they are going to Community based education, but when going to excursions, The Lilitha College of Nursing will provide transport.
The staff will be provided with transport for attending the meetings with various Lilitha College of Nursing Campuses
Sport and recreation – Every first Wednesday of the month
Students meetings – First Tuesday of the month
On this day, students update each other with issues pertaining to students by the Student Representative Council (SRC)
Student Support and Medical Services
- The school is situated inside the Regional hospital (St Elizabeth Hospital).
- When a student gets sick, she/he is allowed to go to the hospital at no cost to the student.
- The School, Lilitha College of Nursing, Lusikisiki Campus does not have a Social Worker or psychologist for psycho-social problems or student counselling however, when there is a student in need of counselling, she/he can be referred to the social department of the hospital.
Emergency Contact Numbers
The land line for the school Lilitha College of Nursing Lusikisiki Campus is 0392531982
For SAPS number: 10111
For emergency ambulance number: 10177
Jobs and Careers
- Students are educated and trained in Four Year Diploma in Nursing (R425) (General, Psychiatric, Community Nursing) and Midwifery
- On completion the student is employed to do community service for one year
- After completion of the community service, these nurses are employed as professional nurse level one and they may continue to study in various nursing specialisations.
The Local SRC structure 2015
Education and Transformation
HIV and AIDS Coordinator
Public Relations Officer
The duties of the SRC are aligned with the constitution that is at place in the college.
We also have substructure which is Housing committee.
Housing Committee structure:
First and second year students visit the communities where they do their community based education (CBE).
Lecturers also use CBE as a strategy to facilitate learning, meaning they also visit the communities where students are allocated and conduct education.
The students do the projects in the communities and those projects are being kept as the evidence that the students have completed the CBE.
First year students attend the excursions, during which they visit factories for meat, milk, water works and so forth.
Second years attend excursion, by visiting old age homes and Vukuzenzele.
Third years excursions include visits to Khanyisa School for the blind and Nompumalangala Special Schools for physical and handicapped.